Skip to main content
main-content

01.05.2009 | Ausgabe 5/2009

World Journal of Surgery 5/2009

Bullae Ablation in Primary Spontaneous Pneumothorax

Zeitschrift:
World Journal of Surgery > Ausgabe 5/2009
Autoren:
Yun-Hen Liu, Yin-Kai Chao, Yi-Chen Wu, Ming-Ju Hsieh, Ching-Yang Wu, Ming-Shian Lu, Chien-Ying Liu, Po-Jen Ko, Hui-Ping Liu

Abstract

Background

The benefit of bullae ablation for the management of primary spontaneous pneumothorax (PSP) has been established. However, various modalities for bullae ablation have been reported from different centers.

Objective

The present study aimed to assess whether endoloop ligation of bullae was as effective as staple bullectomy for preventing the recurrence of pneumothorax.

Methods

Between January 1993 and December 2003, 226 patients (203 men and 23 women) with PSP were recorded and retrospectively reviewed. One hundred thirty (57.5%) patients were treated with endoloop ligation of bullae and the other 96 (42.5%) were treated with staple bullectomy. Mechanical abrasion was performed in all patients after bullae ablation.

Results

The recurrence rate of pneumothorax was 6.2% (8 patients) in the endoloop ligation group and 17.7% (17 patients) in the staple bullectomy group (p = 0.006). The postoperative complication rate was 14.6 and 20.8% in the endoloop ligation and staple bullectomy groups, respectively (p = 0.221). The long-term chest discomfort rate after endoloop ligation and staple bullectomy was 14.6 and 13.5%, respectively (= 0.819)

Conclusions

Endoloop ligation of bullae is as effective as mechanical staple bullectomy for the management of bullae in primary spontaneous pneumothorax.

Bitte loggen Sie sich ein, um Zugang zu diesem Inhalt zu erhalten

★ PREMIUM-INHALT
e.Med Interdisziplinär

Für Ihren Erfolg in Klinik und Praxis - Die beste Hilfe in Ihrem Arbeitsalltag als Mediziner

Mit e.Med Interdisziplinär erhalten Sie Zugang zu allen CME-Fortbildungen und Fachzeitschriften auf SpringerMedizin.de.

Jetzt e.Med zum Sonderpreis bestellen!

Weitere Produktempfehlungen anzeigen
Literatur
Über diesen Artikel

Weitere Artikel der Ausgabe 5/2009

World Journal of Surgery 5/2009 Zur Ausgabe
  1. Sie können e.Med Chirurgie 14 Tage kostenlos testen (keine Print-Zeitschrift enthalten). Der Test läuft automatisch und formlos aus. Es kann nur einmal getestet werden.

Neu im Fachgebiet Chirurgie

Mail Icon II Newsletter

Bestellen Sie unseren kostenlosen Newsletter Update Chirurgie und bleiben Sie gut informiert – ganz bequem per eMail.

Bildnachweise