What is Known:
• The current trend of prevalence rates in Germany for overweight and obesity of pre-school children is becoming stable.
• Prevalence of overweight and obesity is clearly higher among migrant children than among non-migrant children.
What is New:
• This article reveals ethnic variance among different migrant groups.
• Turkish migrant children have a higher rate of prevalence even compared to other migrant groups.
• Length of child day care attendance fails to exert a strong influence on overweight after adjusting for socio-economic and child development variables