Skip to main content
main-content

12.07.2018 | Review Article

Molecular biomarkers for prognosis of gastrointestinal stromal tumor

Zeitschrift:
Clinical and Translational Oncology
Autoren:
X. Liu, K.-M. Chu

Abstract

Gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST) is the most common mesenchymal tumor of the gastrointestinal tract. However, the development of molecular markers, especially circulating biomarkers, remains largely undone for the prognosis of GIST. We discussed the clinical-pathological characteristics of GIST and identified potential biomarkers for guidance of therapy and prognosis of GIST. Around 90% of GISTs contain mutations in KIT or PDGFRA and the remaining 10% of GISTs are wild-type. Recent studies have indicated that various DNAs and miRNAs could serve as potential biomarkers for prognosis of GIST, including KIT, PDGFRA, other DNAs (such as BRAF, SDH, SETD2 and ROR2), and microRNAs (miRNAs). The pressing need and challenges in the development of circulating prognostic biomarkers for GIST are also discussed. Although challenges remain, DNAs and miRNAs are promising circulating biomarkers for surveillance and prognosis of GIST. Advances in clarification of aberrant molecular alterations may open new avenues for exploration of reliable and robust biomarkers to improve the management of GIST.

Bitte loggen Sie sich ein, um Zugang zu diesem Inhalt zu erhalten

★ PREMIUM-INHALT
e.Med Interdisziplinär

Mit e.Med Interdisziplinär erhalten Sie Zugang zu allen CME-Fortbildungen und Fachzeitschriften auf SpringerMedizin.de. Zusätzlich können Sie eine Zeitschrift Ihrer Wahl in gedruckter Form beziehen – ohne Aufpreis.

Weitere Produktempfehlungen anzeigen
Literatur
Über diesen Artikel
  1. Das kostenlose Testabonnement läuft nach 14 Tagen automatisch und formlos aus. Dieses Abonnement kann nur einmal getestet werden.

  2. Das kostenlose Testabonnement läuft nach 14 Tagen automatisch und formlos aus. Dieses Abonnement kann nur einmal getestet werden.

Neu im Fachgebiet Onkologie

Mail Icon II Newsletter

Bestellen Sie unseren kostenlosen Newsletter Update Onkologie und bleiben Sie gut informiert – ganz bequem per eMail.

Bildnachweise