Skip to main content
main-content

01.07.2013 | Original Research | Ausgabe 5/2013

Journal of Clinical Immunology 5/2013

TNF-α-Secreting B Cells Contribute to Myocardial Fibrosis in Dilated Cardiomyopathy

Zeitschrift:
Journal of Clinical Immunology > Ausgabe 5/2013
Autoren:
Miao Yu, Shuang Wen, Min Wang, Wei Liang, Huan-Huan Li, Qi Long, He-Ping Guo, Yu-Hua Liao, Jing Yuan
Wichtige Hinweise
Miao Yu, Shuang Wen and Min Wang contributed to the work equally.

Abstract

Purpose

Excessive inflammation responses mediated by CD4+ T cells contributes to myocardial fibrosis in dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) resulting from viral myocarditis. Recently, some scholars discovered that B cells harbored an abnormal pro-inflammatory capacity besides the production of autoantibodies. Thus, we aimed to explore whether and which type of B cells act on myocardial fibrosis in DCM.

Methods

A total of 56 newly hospitalized DCM patients were studied, and among these, 17 patients accepted the gadolinium enhanced cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) for myocardial fibrosis evaluations.

Results

B cell functions including the frequency and proliferation were significantly elevated in DCM patients. After screening the important cytokines including IL-1β, IL-6, IL-10, IL-17, TNF-α and TGF-β produced in these B cells by flow cytometry, we found that only the TNF-α-secreting B cells were obviously increased. Furthermore, the TNF-α protein secretion and mRNA levels were also enhanced in LPS-stimulated B cell isolated from DCM patients. In addition, 10 patients (59 %) with increased TNF-α-secreting B cells showed late enhancement and boosted serum procollagen type III compared with the other 7 patients (41 %) whose enhancement could not be detected. Moreover, the frequencies of TNF-α-secreting B cells were negatively correlated with LVEF and positively correlated with LVEDD, NT-proBNP and procollagen type III in all of the DCM patients.

Conclusions

Our study firstly suggested that TNF-α-secreting B cells were involved in myocardial fibrosis, which revealed the new pathogenic mechanism of B cells in DCM, and therapeutic targets against these cells might be valuable.

Bitte loggen Sie sich ein, um Zugang zu diesem Inhalt zu erhalten

★ PREMIUM-INHALT
e.Med Interdisziplinär

Mit e.Med Interdisziplinär erhalten Sie Zugang zu allen CME-Fortbildungen und Fachzeitschriften auf SpringerMedizin.de. Zusätzlich können Sie eine Zeitschrift Ihrer Wahl in gedruckter Form beziehen – ohne Aufpreis.

Weitere Produktempfehlungen anzeigen
Literatur
Über diesen Artikel

Weitere Artikel der Ausgabe 5/2013

Journal of Clinical Immunology 5/2013 Zur Ausgabe
  1. Sie können e.Med Innere Medizin 14 Tage kostenlos testen (keine Print-Zeitschrift enthalten). Der Test läuft automatisch und formlos aus. Es kann nur einmal getestet werden.

  2. Sie können e.Med Allgemeinmedizin 14 Tage kostenlos testen (keine Print-Zeitschrift enthalten). Der Test läuft automatisch und formlos aus. Es kann nur einmal getestet werden.


 

Neu im Fachgebiet Innere Medizin

Meistgelesene Bücher aus der Inneren Medizin

2017 | Buch

Rheumatologie aus der Praxis

Entzündliche Gelenkerkrankungen – mit Fallbeispielen

Dieses Fachbuch macht mit den wichtigsten chronisch entzündlichen Gelenk- und Wirbelsäulenerkrankungen vertraut. Anhand von über 40 instruktiven Fallbeispielen werden anschaulich diagnostisches Vorgehen, therapeutisches Ansprechen und der Verlauf …

Herausgeber:
Rudolf Puchner

2016 | Buch

Ambulant erworbene Pneumonie

Was, wann, warum – Dieses Buch bietet differenzierte Diagnostik und Therapie der ambulant erworbenen Pneumonie zur sofortigen sicheren Anwendung. Entsprechend der neuesten Studien und Leitlinien aller wichtigen Fachgesellschaften.

Herausgeber:
Santiago Ewig

Mail Icon II Newsletter

Bestellen Sie unseren kostenlosen Newsletter Update Innere Medizin und bleiben Sie gut informiert – ganz bequem per eMail.

© Springer Medizin 

Bildnachweise