Skip to main content
main-content

03.07.2019 | Anatomic Bases of Medical, Radiological and Surgical Techniques

Y sign: new landmark for anteromedial portal placement in knee arthroscopy

Zeitschrift:
Surgical and Radiologic Anatomy
Autoren:
Gordan Gulan, Antun Šumanovac, Hari Jurdana, Leo Gulan
Wichtige Hinweise

Publisher's Note

Springer Nature remains neutral with regard to jurisdictional claims in published maps and institutional affiliations.

Abstract

Purpose

During arthroscopy training process, determination of anteromedial portal is more difficult in contrast with anterolateral portal and frequently results in suboptimal position, and longer operating times. The aim of our study was to identify an anatomical landmark which could facilitate anteromedial portal placement.

Methods

The relationship of the cutaneous veins at the anteromedial side of the knee was analysed regarding the optimally placed anteromedial portal and anatomical landmarks of the anteromedial part of the knee in 70 patients undergoing knee arthroscopy. The study was designed as case series.

Results

In 70% of the patients, the joining of the cutaneous veins was seen after transillumination resembling Y letter. In the remaining 30% of patients, a solitary vein with a curve which corresponds to the joining point was observed. The curve and the joining was located adjacent to optimally placed anteromedial portal measured 2 cm ± 0.3 from the medial patellar tendon border, and 1.1 cm ± 0.1 from the palpable edge of the medial tibial plateau.

Conclusions

The “Y sign” can assist knee arthroscopy trainees in anteromedial portal placement, with the resulting avoidance of multiple puncturing of the skin with the needle, shorter operating room times to find the optimal portal placement, and potential reduction of damage to intraarticular structures.

Bitte loggen Sie sich ein, um Zugang zu diesem Inhalt zu erhalten

★ PREMIUM-INHALT
e.Med Interdisziplinär

Mit e.Med Interdisziplinär erhalten Sie Zugang zu allen CME-Fortbildungen und Fachzeitschriften auf SpringerMedizin.de. Zusätzlich können Sie eine Zeitschrift Ihrer Wahl in gedruckter Form beziehen – ohne Aufpreis.

Weitere Produktempfehlungen anzeigen
Literatur
Über diesen Artikel
  1. Sie können e.Med Chirurgie 14 Tage kostenlos testen (keine Print-Zeitschrift enthalten). Der Test läuft automatisch und formlos aus. Es kann nur einmal getestet werden.

  2. Sie können e.Med Orthopädie & Unfallchirurgie 14 Tage kostenlos testen (keine Print-Zeitschrift enthalten). Der Test läuft automatisch und formlos aus. Es kann nur einmal getestet werden.

  3. Sie können e.Med Radiologie 14 Tage kostenlos testen (keine Print-Zeitschrift enthalten). Der Test läuft automatisch und formlos aus. Es kann nur einmal getestet werden.

Neu im Fachgebiet Radiologie

Meistgelesene Bücher aus der Radiologie

2016 | Buch

Medizinische Fremdkörper in der Bildgebung

Thorax, Abdomen, Gefäße und Kinder

Dieses einzigartige Buch enthält ca. 1.600 hochwertige radiologische Abbildungen und Fotos iatrogen eingebrachter Fremdmaterialien im Röntgenbild und CT.

Herausgeber:
Dr. med. Daniela Kildal

2011 | Buch

Atlas Klinische Neuroradiologie des Gehirns

Radiologie lebt von Bildern! Der vorliegende Atlas trägt dieser Tatsache Rechnung. Sie finden zu jedem Krankheitsbild des Gehirns Referenzbilder zum Abgleichen mit eigenen Befunden.

Autoren:
Priv.-Doz. Dr. med. Jennifer Linn, Prof. Dr. med. Martin Wiesmann, Prof. Dr. med. Hartmut Brückmann

Mail Icon II Newsletter

Bestellen Sie unseren kostenlosen Newsletter Update Radiologie und bleiben Sie gut informiert – ganz bequem per eMail.

Bildnachweise